|Focus||Striking, Grappling, Trapping, Qigong|
|Application||Self-defense, self-healing, alternative medicine, meditation, self-cultivation|
|Notable Practitioners||Kiichi Miyazawa (Grandmaster)|
|Anime Debut||OVA 1|
|Manga Debut||"Becoming a Star" |
|“||That is the true nature of Nadashinkage-ryuu. At time a way of killing. At times a way of rebirth.||”|
– Seiko describing the Nadashinkage-ryuu to Kiichi.
The Nadashinkage-ryuu (灘神影流, Nadashinkage-ryū; literally: "Profoundly Genuine Shadow Style")  is a form of martial arts passed down within the Mizayawa family from generation to generation. The fifteenth and current Grandmaster and heir of the art is Kiichi Miyazawa.
The style's full name is Nadashinkage-ryuu Kassatsu-jutsu (灘神影流活殺術, Nadashinkage-ryū Kassatsu-jutsu).
Medicine and Martial Arts are intimately linked, it is because of that the Nadashinkage-ryuu being an assassination art is able to restore life. The Nadashinkage-ryuu is an art of war and in the warrior’s code, defeat means death. By experiencing death its practitioners learn to revere life. This is the true nature of the Nadashinkage-ryuu at times, a way of killing. At times, a way of rebirth.
The Nadashinkage-ryuu is a style of martial art beyond comparison. Specializing in assassination techniques, calculated to deliver the most power while using the minimum of strength it has always been kept away from outsiders. It is a complete combat form that does not limit itself to simple striking and grappling techniques, but also integrates other Chinese disciplines, like the “Shukkaku,” relying on projection technique; the ‘Sanda,” which concentrates attacks on the vital points and joints; or even the “Kushuda-So (to wrest a lance with bare hands),” made to face an opponent with a weapon barehanded.
Passed down from generation to generation directly from the chief of the clan to the heir each practitioner has an incredible knowledge of the human anatomy and in a more classical approach to martial arts training only the barest minimum of techniques are taught to the students and so they are left to discover their own personal fighting style through constant combat and practice with different martial arts schools.
Nadashinkage-ryuu is a mixed martial art style passed down to only the heirs of the Nadashinkage-ryuu clan. Nadashinkage-ryuu was modeled after, or copied, after the Nadashinyou-ryuu. It also shares roots with Yugen Shinkage Ryuu and Hagyuu. Nadashinkage-ryuu was first used during World War 2, at the school of Nadashinkage-ryuu, where a group of assassin's founded the art style, not having much concern for the special services needed during the war.
- Kasumiduki: A technique that allows a person to moves his arm so fast that the human can not see them.
- Exploding Vermilion Fist: A technique in which the user concentrates all of its energy into one part of the fist, and strikes the lower tendon of the person.
- Hashin Shou: A technique that uses it impact force, to stop the heart.
- Saruwatari, Tetsuya (March 18, 1994). Chapter 1: Becoming a Star (第1話 スターへの道 [Chapter 1: "Sutāe No Michi" (Path of a Star)]) (in Japanese). TOUGH—タフ— [Tough] (in Japanese) (1st ed.). Volume 1 (第1巻 灘神影流活殺術 [Dai 1-Kan: Nadashinkage-ryū Kassatsu-jutsu]) (in Japanese). 週刊ヤングジャンプ [Shūkan Yangu Janpu (Weekly Young Jump)] (in Japanese). pp. ??. ISBN-13: 978-4088752617. ASIN: B00BXWHH7I.
- Saruwatari, Tetsuya (March 18, 1994). 高校鉄拳伝タフ [Kōkō Tekkenden Tafu] (in Japanese) (1st ed.). Volume 1. 週刊ヤングジャンプ [Shūkan Yangu Janpu (Weekly Young Jump)] (in Japanese). pp. 202. ISBN-10: 4088905326. ISBN-13: 978-4088905327.